Yeast-Free Pancakes with Lemon & Coconut Sauce
Makes 6-8 pancakes, depending on size of pan!
125 g wholemeal flour
1 organic egg, beaten
300 mL soya or rice milk
4 tablespoons water
extra virgin olive oil for frying
Juice of 2 lemons
2 tablespoons coconut cream
3 tablespoons desiccated coconut
You may wish to prepare the sauce prior to starting the pancakes as follows:
- Put the lemon juice and coconut in a blender and whizz! The coconut sweetens the lemon; it is important you do not add sugar on yeast free diet.
- Sieve the flour, add the egg and start mixing.
- Gradually add the milk to the bowl and continue mixing well.
- When thoroughly mixed, add the water and using a whisk, beat well until batter is like thin cream.
- Add some oil to a frying pan and heat. When hot, put 2 tablespoons batter mix in and tip to ensure that the base of pan is covered with mix.
- When set, toss it over to cook the other side until lightly browned.
- Use more oil to cook the next pancake.
- Stack onto warmed plate and cover with clean tea towel until ready to eat.
- Spread sauce thinly over pancake, roll and serve.
Easy Yeast-Free Bread Recipe
To enhance the flavor of your bread, you may add 2 teaspoons of your favourite herb, such as oregano.
This bread freezes well.
3 cups of wholewheat flour
½ teaspoon salt
tablespoon baking powder
tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 cups water
Preheat oven to 190º C or 375 º F.
Grease and flour 9¨ x 5¨ loaf pan.
Combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
Add liquids and mix well.
Pour into greased tin and bake on middle shelf for one hour.
Test with the skewer, and adjust time accordingly.
Leave loaf in pan for 30 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
Best slice when completely cool.
Yeast-Free Carrot and Roasted Tomato Soup
1 kg tomatoes, sliced
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 medium carrots, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 cups yeast-free vegetable stock
Salt and Pepper to taste
(optional) fresh sprigs of thyme, oregano or rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375ºF or 190ºC.
- Place sliced tomatoes on baking sheet. Cover with 3 tablespoons of the oil. Add salt and pepper. For more flavour, you can add a sprig of thyme, oregano or rosemary on top.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes to roast.
- After 15 minutes of the tomatoes roasting, heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery, carrots and garlic. Cook until vegetables begin to soften (about 10 minutes.)
- When the tomatoes have done, add to pot. Remove sprigs of herbs if using.
- Add stock and simmer on low for further 10-15 minutes.
- Puree soup using blender and serve!
- Great served with yeast-free bread!
Yeast-Free Chicken Jalfrezi
500 g chicken breast, cubed
4 bell peppers, any colour, sliced
5 tomatoes, chopped
2 medium onions
3 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Chunk fresh ginger, grated
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon garam masala
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large saucepan, sauté onions until soft.
- Add garlic, ginger and cook for a further 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add chicken, spices and cook for further 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, bell peppers and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with rice.
YEAST FREE FLAT BREAD
¾ cup wholewheat flour
¾ cup organic semolina, plus spare for rolling
1 teaspoon salt (sea salt is preferable)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup cold water
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the